This weekend

This weekend I went down south with Pamela to visit her family. To get there, we had to take 3 buses and go over Cerro de la Muerte, which is a cold mountain (3,491 meters) with lots of windy roads. The scenery was beautiful, but unfortunately I couldn't enjoy it completely because I got a little nauseous from all the turns. (I did on the way back though, because Pamela's sister works at a pharmacy and got me some anti-nausea pills!) Pamela's parents and sister are very nice and treated me like I was part of their family.

Pipa! Coconut milk is delicious.
Empanadas... yum!
The extent of my "wildlife" sightings have been insects so far... still pretty exotic looking.
Perritos (really friendly but I ended up with an arm full of flea bites after petting them!)Beautiful pericos.

Since I spent this weekend outside of the city, I actually felt completely out of my comfort zone. I was obviously the only European-American around and the only one who wasn't fluent in Spanish. It was definitely quite and experience and I think it was very good for me. Pura vida!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Switzerland!

Rappeling and Tortuguero weekend trip

Mariposas: A metaphor for human transformation