2018 in review

(Apparently I had written this post in January 2019 but forgot to hit "publish"!)

Some things I did in 2018:

Met up with colleagues and friends all over the country

Beignets in NOLA

McMaster University in Hamilton, ON

Santa Cruz

Helped organize a research symposium at Kent State and joined an APA committee 



Taught my first class (Research Writing for undergraduate Psychology majors)

Successfully wrote up and defended my Master's Thesis, which went well and really helped me think deeply about my research projects. I am halfway through my program already! My next milestones are big ones - qualifying exam and applying for candidacy.


Traveled a lot! Both for work and play. I attended conferences in Washington D.C., Ann Arbor, Ontario, New Orleans, and Amsterdam. I also visited family and friends in Santa Cruz and Cape Coral, FL. In August I spent a week with my Mom on her property in Washington State, which was very relaxing.

Mt. Ranier National Park
Herping in Washington

Jazz in New Orleans
Sunset in Cape Coral, FL

Developed a passion for Science Communication 


For example, I:
  • Wrote 2 guest posts on a Learning Science blog [link and link]
  • Joined Twitter
  • Attended an informative and engaging science communication workshop in Michigan
  • Started a blog [link]




It was a great year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Switzerland!

Rappeling and Tortuguero weekend trip

Mariposas: A metaphor for human transformation