Inbioparque

Today was another great day! Some friends and I went to Inbioparque (kind of by accident, we thought it was a place to hike), which was a place to walk around and see animals - kind of like a zoo except more natural, because not everything was in cages. We saw TONS of awesome animals and plants: snakes, lizards, sloths, giant iguanas, crazy looking insects, frogs, bunnies, baby cows and goats, beautiful birds, etc.
I even saw a GLASSWING BUTTERFLY, which just amazed me because they're rare and I've always thought they were extremely beautiful in pictures I've seen online. Now I have my own!

I'm not a botanist, so I'll just call this "spiny tree."
Huge iguana just chillin' on a branch.
Holding a soft baby bunny.
Creepy spider!

School is still going well. My Spanish is definitely improving because I've been practicing as much as possible and hassling everyone to correct me when I make mistakes. I actually prefer speaking in Spanish because it's more of a challenge but not impossible. With English, I don't really have to think (the best analogy I can give here is driving a stick rather than an automatic - more to think about.) In class today we watched a movie and played a trivia game. After that we had dance class, where we learned salsa and some meringue.

I cannot believe my trip is almost halfway over! It's flying by, but I'm having the time of my life here :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Switzerland!

Rappeling and Tortuguero weekend trip

Mariposas: A metaphor for human transformation