San Francisco trip

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving break! I had some pretty big assignments due at the beginning of the week, so once they were done I was able to enjoy myself. Monday night was my roommate's birthday, so I took her out to a local Italian place. We got all dressed up! Tuesday afternoon my Mom arrived in Santa Cruz. Being the busy-bee that she is, she was stopping by for a "lay-over" on her way home from New Zealand! She had a wonderful trip, and we spent the last couple of days exchanging stories. We spent Tuesday at my campus's arboretum. The lighting was perfect so I went a little picture crazy. Here are a few:That night we headed up to San Francisco, with a quick stop at my friend Erica's house to say 'hi' to her family who were also visiting. On Wednesday we explored Fisherman's wharf and ate our traditional "clam chowder in a bread bowl" while watching the sea lions.
After a drive down Lombard Street, we went to Ghirardelli Square to enjoy 2 huge, delicious ice creams. I would share the pictures, but we devoured the cones before I could manage to pull my camera out!
Thursday everything was closed so we just took a drive around the city and surrounding area. That night we had the "very traditional" Thanksgiving dinner in Chinatown at our favorite restaurant.

On Friday my Mom took me thrift store shopping in Haight Ashbury (always some interesting sights in that area.) We went to our favorite Goodwill and I ended up with some new shirts and jackets for the Winter. That night we went to Mel's Diner for another traditional dinner.


Today my Mom drove me back to Santa Cruz, with a stop at Stanford on the way (what a BEAUTIFUL campus!) Our visit was short and sweet, but I'll be home in only a couple weeks! I can't believe how fast this quarter went by... Time certainly does fly by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Switzerland!

Rappeling and Tortuguero weekend trip

Mariposas: A metaphor for human transformation